Thank you for being a part of making dance magic happen on the dance floor! Our community has a number of opportunities to help keep it running; would you consider pitching in a little to support our local dance community?
We currently have need for the following:
- Dance Managers: We ESPECIALLY need to build a team of people who are willing to rotate managing dances: helping to oversee set up, recruiting door sitters, collecting and counting money, paying the talent
- Floor cleaners: Dry-mop the dance floor before or after the dance and receive free admission.
- Set up and Closing Helpers: Move chairs and tables, set up/clean up the snack area, and help with other tasks required with each dance.
- Set up Captain: Coordinate help to set up chairs, sweep floor, organize fliers, bring and organize snacks
- Closing Captain: Coordinate help to put chairs away, sweep floor, organize and store fliers, clean up snack area
- Publicity: Looking for one or more people who can make fliers, and contact radio and newspapers to publicize our regular and special dances, creating online events, etc.
- Venue Captain: Looking for someone who can help with booking and negotiating prices for halls for special events- we would love to plan a special dance in the future!
- Dance Manager Chairman: Linda is looking for an apprentice who can help her with arranging for dance managers at each dance and keep forms up to date
- IT: Helping to keep online infrastructure running and current
- Special Event Co-Ordinators: we would like to do more special events, but need people to help drive them. Events such as Contra Cruz, Abbotts Square dance, Santa Cruz Dance week participation, Aromas summer dance, etc.
- Assistant Treasurer: Theresa is looking for an assistant who can help with treasurer tasks
- Board members: our board currently has openings. Please contact us at the e-mail address below if you are interested in board activities.
If you are interested in giving back to your community, please contact TDSC and a board member will get back to you.