- The Veteran's Memorial Hall is at 846 Front Street in Santa Cruz,
near the corner where Front St. and Pacific Avenue meet to intersect
with Water Street (from the east) and Mission Street (from the west.)
If you're driving from Watsonville or farther south driving Highway 1
north, circle around the fish hook where it crosses over Highway 17,
then stay on 17 while it turns into Ocean Street. Turn right on
Water Street (about 1/4 mile). Turn Left on Front Street (about 1/2 mile)
- Driving from the the west side of town or from Highway 1 north of town,
just follow Highway 1 / Mission Street and veer right at Chestnut to
stay on Mission. Two blocks later turn right on Front Street.
- The Vet's Hall is about four blocks north of the bus station - just
walk up Front Street.
- The Felton Community Hall is at 6191 Highway 9 in Felton. From Santa Cruz
you can drive up Ocean Street, turn left on Ocean Street Extension
(just before it turns into Highway 17), then veer right onto Graham Hill Road
and follow it along for several miles. Turn left on Highway 9 and
- From Highway 17 exit at Mt. Hermon Road into Scotts Valley.
Follow that for several miles then turn right on Graham Hill Rd
and turn left on Highway 9 and park.
- Bus route 35 will get you to Felton, but doesn't run late enough to take
you back home - you'll have to catch a lift from someone at the dance.
- Bicycling and walking to the dances is always encouraged!
- Share the cost of gas!
Reduce your personal carbon footprint!
Engage in extended conversations with other dancers!
Sign up today with the new ride sharing e-list for bothdancers in the Santa Cruz who want to attend dances
far away and for dancers far away who want to attend dances in Santa Cruz but who don't necessarily want to drive alone.
To subscribe, send a blank e-message to
- Sometimes people going from the Santa Cruz area to a dance in Monterey or Aromas meet in front of the Animal Hospital in the
10400 block of Soquel Drive at 6:45 PM to arrange a spontaneous ride-share agreement. While driving south on Highway 1 exit at Freedom,
turn left over the highway, then turn right at Soquel and drive just past the California Highway Patrol station.
- Sometimes people going from the Santa Cruz area to the Friday Night Waltz in Palo Alto meet in front of the public library in the
King's Village shopping center to carpool, to depart at 5:30. Contact Valerie at email@example.com for more information.
- Don't forget to offer a few dollars to help pay for gas and repair bills.
Parking Guide for Contra Dances at the Felton Community Hall
Parking Guide for Veteran's Memorial Hall